vendredi 15 avril 2011

The Vaccines - Wetsuit



If at some point, we all succumb
For goodness sake, let us be young
Cause time gets harder to outrun
And I'm nobody, I'm not done.



Here we go, I've been 23 years old for 4 days now. Maybe it's time to do a statement of my life. And Wetsuit is the perfect song for this occasion. For it illustrates perfectly the way I feel. It sums up  perfectly my current life.

What am I? Nothing. I'm nothing. Just a lost girl who works in a fast-food restaurant, because she doesn't want to grow up. A single girl who doesn't want to be in love anymore. A fat girl, who can't be brave enough to fight her illness. A girl with a lot of debts, who wears clothes full of holes. A girl who keeps postponing her career dreams to later. But "time gets harder to outrun". 
Yes, my life is not perfect. And a lot of things are missing to make it successfull and complete. But I've never loved my life as much as now. Cause I've never felt so alive. Cause for the first time in my life, I've been doing only things I really want to do. Cause for the first time in my life, I've been making some of my dreams to come true. I keep doing some crazy and risky things, but I love it. Sometimes I have nothing to eat, sometimes I sleep outside, sometimes I cry with despair. But I will never regret one single decision of the ones I've been taking for four months.
Four months now, that I've been living only for music. For four bands in particular. So what? You may think it's weird, scary. Laughable. Mental. Insane. Or else. Whatever. I don't care. For nobody ever made me happy as they do. Alistair. Andy. Arni. Charles. David. Freddie. Guy. Harry. Jack. Jason. Justin. Matthew. Pete. Rob. Shaun. Simon. Tommy. Nobody ever gave me as much as they give me. I've never lived anything more fabulous than their gigs. Never felt anything more magical than the way I feel about their songs. They always give me  all the strengh I need. They make me invincible. And I don't care about what people think, think I don't care about what my mother keeps saying about me going nowhere, I don't care of being  "abnormal". I will never, ever regret investing so much money for seeing them. Even if I can't buy anything else. Even every month it's hard to wait for the next salary. I don't want a regular life. I don't want a regular couple life, I don't want a house in the suburbs, with the garden and the big dog. I don't want 5 weeks of payed vacations, I don't want metro and restaurant tickets. I don't want a routine. I want everyday of my life to be different. I want gigs, travels,  excitation of big departures. I want tours, whether it's mine or not. I want trains,  planes, hostels and road trips. I want rehearsals, soundchecks and keep on meeting new bands. I want to be young forever. I wanna keep existing after my death. I want to be an artist.

I'm 23. I've always wanted to be slim, but never was. I've always wanted to be the leadsinger of a rock band, but I've never been part of one yet. I've always wanted to learn  how to play guitar, but I still haven't done it. I'm 23, and now it must change. It will. 2011's the year. I'm 23, and I'm about to quit my job. I'm 23, and I'm about to have the guts, at last, to try and succeed my life.


So put a wetsuit on
Come on, come on
Grow your hair out long
Come on, come on
Put a tee-shirt on,
Do me wrong
Do me wrong
Do me wrong.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire